Ever get stuck in a wardrobe rut and feel like you’re wearing the same exact pieces the very same ways? I have been guilty of this but wanted to challenge myself – and my readers – to find a piece of clothing and make it work at least three different ways in the coming month.
This ruffle dress (which I’ve featured before) is very versatile. In this post, I’ve tried to showcase a few different styles and offered additional thoughts on how you can pull different pieces together from your wardrobe to create some super fun looks. Here I played off some of the same accessories – my shoes and bag – but you don’t have to.
Look at the list below for some outfit inspiration and then try it out at home. Please share your pics and ideas on the Facebook page. I look forward to seeing what you put together.
- A Day at the Office: Pair with feminine heels, oversized shades, a boyfriend blazer and ladylike crossbody.
- Quirky and Fun: Mix prints and go unexpected with a camo jacket and pumps. Suede booties would look great, too! Style points for pairing blush and shades of green together.
- Make it a Skirt: By pairing with feminine heels and topping with a black cashmere sweater, you create another look that is fantastic for the office. Consider a leather oversized clutch vs the crossbody.
- Warm Weather Day: Wear the dress alone and throw on strappy nude sandals. I love the idea of pairing it with an oversized tote for an afternoon of shopping or running errands with the kids. Cooler nights? Layer a fitted denim jacket on top and reach for a casual tote (style not shown).
- Make it a Tunic: Layer a trench dress (like the green one I’ve featured in a previous post) over the pink. Put on skinny jeans, booties and fun accessories like an arm full of leather wrap bracelets or gold bangles (style not shown).